The Cajun Chef: Fried Eggplant
Google

Sponsors

Louisiana ...
We Know Good Food

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Fried Eggplant

This is one of my favorites. I remember my mom cooking it and we would always eat most of them before dinner was even served.

I found a couple of huge eggplants at the market on Sunday and cooked them tonight to go with baked chicken. My girls actually liked it; with ketchup of course. But at least they ate it!

Fried Eggplant

Serves 4-6

2 Eggplants
1 Egg
1 cup Milk
Creole Seasoning or salt & pepper
Bread Crumbs, flour or corn meal (whichever you prefer)
Cooking Oil (I use Canola)

Peel eggplants and slice in rounds or strips. Soak in salted water for 1/2 hour and drain.

Beat egg and combine with milk.

Dip eggplant in mixture, remove and roll in seasoned bread crumbs, flour or corn meal.

Fry in hot oil until golden brown and drain on absorbent paper.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Thistlemoon said...

This must be eggplant week! I just did eggplant too - fried but not breaded. Yours looks great.

Welcome to The Foodie Blogroll!

Google
Puritan's Pride Offer Banner

Quick Linker